Friday, March 30, 2012

March 27, 2012

I am very aware that we are in Lent right now. I noticed an unfortunate increase in my fish consumption a little bit ago, and it is becoming painfully more obvious by the day. I will say, I have become an expert at hiding the fact that I don't like what I'm eating.

I had a family convinced that Siete Mares was my favorite food ever one night when they gave it to us (Siete mares is a Mexican soup made with 7 different kinds of seafood, all chopped into giant, recognizable pieces....octopus, squid, shrimp, fish....). I will be glad when Lent is over, though.

We had a fish for dinner last week called mojarra. Basically, it is a whole fish, about 8 inches long, that is fried and served whole. So you use your fingers/tortillas to pick the meat off the carcass. Of course, you had to pick off the scales/fins first, and I was mildly tempted to eat the eyeball just for fun, to say that I did, but I decided against it.


No comments:

Post a Comment