Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 28, 2012

Greetings from the beautiful city of Mission Viejo! Everything is going exceptionally well. The Mission Viejo 5th ward covers 3 stakes and several cities, so our area is enormous. Elder Chavez and I cover Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, and Ladera Ranch (the entire area of the Mission Viejo stake). We have a full-time car (thank goodness...it takes half an hour to get to some parts of our area in a car! If we had to walk we would have to let the outskirts dwindle in unbelief). We have great investigators, a lot of Spanish speakers in our area, and two baptisms this weekend! (We walked right into two baptisms this week and one more the week after).

My new companion is Elder David Chavez, from Salt Lake City, Utah. He went to BYU before his mission for a semester and studied Biochemistry. (He doesn't know, but I left for my mission while he was a junior in high school..........super weird. I told everyone in our district to not tell him how much time I have. I want him to think that I have a year left, so that there are as few distractions as possible. . . . ) His grandparents are from Mexico, but his family has lived in the United States for decades, and so he has to learn Spanish like the rest of us, haha. We are having a lot of fun together. He seems to be a little naturally shy but I am well into the process of breaking him of it. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment