Saturday, August 27, 2011

August 2, 2011

Everything is going amazing here in the best mission in the world. The sun is shining, the weather here in the San Clemente zone is beautiful, and the ward is really getting going....

[Lucy] has been doing so great. A lot of her friends at work and a few family members have been criticizing her decision, but she said that whenever they try to argue with her, she just says, "Look, no matter what you say, I feel like this is right. That's why I'm doing it. I know this is the true Church because of how I have felt the last few weeks." She said that she actually feels like it makes her stronger, that she has to put up with people picking at her like that.

We also started teaching these two young women who are friends of one of the young women in our ward. They are awesome! One especially, named Maricela, is so prepared. She has been asking her member friend questions and randomly we just met her on the street and she gave us her info. We set up a first lesson at her member friend's house and it was awesome! We gave her a Book of Mormon and asked her to read the Introduction. The next time we met with her, she said she had a few questions. We asked her what they were, and she said, "Why don't Laman and Lemuel have faith? They saw an angel!" We just sat there. "Also, what does the tree of life represent? I couldn't figure it out." We found out that she had read up to 1 Nephi 11! It was so cool....

Guess what! This was one of the highlights of my week. I gave the concluding talk in sacrament meeting last week, and one of the members told me at dinner that night that I didn't have any American accent when I was speaking!!!!! Woo hoo!





No comments:

Post a Comment