Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5, 2011

I saw the eye doctor today. She said I have astigmatism in my left eye, and she changed my prescription a little. I sort of felt like I was in a mild version of the Final Judgment, because she was asking me how often I change my contacts, take them out, etc. The answers definitely weren't what she was hoping, haha. She said my eyes are healthy, except a little red (she said, "That's probably because they are screaming out for oxygen."). So, after the exam when I put my contacts back in, I made sure to say as I was putting them in, "Alright, eyes, that's enough oxygen for this month." She thought it was funny (at least, she laughed...she's probably worried about me). Don't worry, I will take them out more often.

We started teaching this great family. The mom accepted a baptismal date and when we came back for the second appointment, we found out that not only had she begun to read the Book of Mormon from the beginning like we asked, but that she was on page 75 (in 2 Nephi!). It was amazing. We also set a baptismal date with her daughter, who is 18. The mother asked us specifically to teach her daughter, because she is having a lot of problems, but the daughter was avoiding us. When we would come in, she would go in her room and leave the house. Gradually she started warming up to us, and when she finally let us teach her, she loved them lesson. When Elder Kidd started talking about her getting baptized, she said, "Oh, I was going to ask you about being baptized."

No comments:

Post a Comment