Monday, February 28, 2011

February 8, 2011

Querida familia,

Well, first of all the transfer news: I am staying in Oceanside for another transfer! The best part: so is Elder Driaza! We got lucky and get to stay together for three transfers. We are so excited, because we work really well together and have a lot of fun. We have a goal of 5 baptisms this transfer! (On the sad side, Elder Rock, one of the zone leaders, is leaving to be a district leader).

Overall, everything is going amazing, as always. One day the weather got into the 80s this week (missionaries in Idaho and Russia would kill for a California winter). We have been working hard and are excited to be able to stay another transfer. Elder Kendell is dying (going home) today, but he gave me the sweetest bike seat ever. It's basically a saddle for a bike--at least twice as thick as a normal seat and very cushiony. It makes the six mile bike rides down to the beach a lot more comfortable. I can't believe in three days I will hit my 9-month mark....I hate how fast my mission is going by.

Well, we don't have a lot of time today to write, but I will send you pictures. Talk to you later!

Sincerely,
Elder Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment