Monday, January 31, 2011

January 18, 2011

“Hello again! I hear it has been pretty cold on the East Coast (a Nor'easter?). The weather has been like something out of a movie over here in California. The last week has been in the 70s during the day, and in the 60s or upper 50s at night, with the sun shining and not a cloud in the sky. I must admit, I don't envy my roommate in Salt Lake City South--the weather here is perfect for being a missionary (and I definitely don't envy my friend who went to Siberia!). Everything is going great here. We have been working hard to find new investigators to teach, and we have been having great success. We have been talking to everyone we see on the street and trying hard to make good lesson plans, and things have been going well (although one of our investigators couldn't come to church on Sunday because she went to Mexico for Saturday and bought tacos from a street vendor....so her husband says they were probably dog or cat tacos....I hear that in Mexico there is a taco stand on every corner, and no stray cats or dogs). Our district is doing great, and we are all having lots of fun.”

No comments:

Post a Comment