Monday, December 27, 2010

December 7, 2010

“Everything is going great. We are finding a lot of great people. We found a great family that we taught on Saturday and are going back to teach tonight. The wife has family who are members of the Church, and her father is investigating, I believe. They are a lot of fun to teach. We are working hard and having lots of fun. On Saturday, a guy (Victor) that the sisters in our district are teaching was baptized, so that was cool. He was the first investigator that I have ever interviewed for baptism. It was really fun. When I asked him if he was ready and willing to pay the law of tithing, he told me, "I wanted to pay it before I got baptized, but the sisters told me I had to wait." (I took that as a 'yes.') A couple that we are teaching just had a baby last night, and we started teaching two part-member families this week that seem really promising.”

“Ah yes, I just wanted to let you know that I have had a pretty expensive week. I took my bike to the bike shop over by the beach so they could fix it (part of my left pedal was broken, so I have been basically pedaling my bike with only one leg) and they are also replacing the inner tube (flat again) on my bike tire, as well as the tire (the one that came with my bike wasn't very good, apparently; but here's a cool fun fact: the bike man at the bike shop looked at my tire and said that I probably had about 600 miles on my bike tire).”

No comments:

Post a Comment