Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 30, 2010

Querida familia,

How is everything going? I cannot believe that tomorrow is December. I feel like I entered the MTC yesterday. I hear we got a new dog, but forgive me if it did not come as a surprise to me that Sami got a new dog. We are all doing great here in Oceanside, although it has gotten a bit chilly as of late. I didn't realize that it got so cold over by the ocean. Me and my companion, Elder Driaza are doing great. We got two Thanksgiving dinners (we planned to eat with one family, and then the family immediately after that we visited to teach had been planning on feeding us too...so we had to eat two full-size Thanksgiving dinners back-to-back. I thought I was going to explode). We had turkey and ham with tortillas, salsa, móle, and Mexican rice (sort of a combination of an American and Mexican Thanksgiving meal).

Christmas will be a lot of fun (the streets over by the beach have been getting decorated with Christmas lights). We actually have two Christmas trees in our apartment right now, because Elder Knudtson is obsessed with Christmas. I think I forgot to mention in my last letter that we live with the zone leaders, which is pretty nice. I get to talk to them and get to know them better and can get their advice on stuff easier. Elder Knudtson is hilarious, and Elder Stevenson is actually from Cedar City (next to Parowan, where our family lived).

We have some interesting events coming up here in the mission. This week, of course, we have the First Presidency Christmas broadcast, so we will be trying to get some investigators to that. On the 21st, we will get to go to the San Diego temple as a district, and since we are an all-Spanish district, I asked President Cook and he said we might be able to have an endowment session in Spanish! Then, on Christmas Eve President Cook has decided to have a mission-wide Christmas party from 1 to 4, so we will all be getting together in Vista to have dinner. And zone conference is coming up!

We are teaching a lot of great people. We found this lady named Judy, who rents a room in an apartment and has two kids. She agreed to a baptismal date in the first lesson! We have been working really hard to find some new investigators. We have so many Spanish speakers in our area. It's so great. There are sections of our area where it is almost completely Mexican. I feel like my Spanish is getting better every day, especially having Elder Driaza as my companion.

Well, that's all for now. Enjoy your week!

Sincerely, Elder Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment