Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November 16, 2010

Querida familia,

Well, I am writing from Escondido for the last time. I have a little less than 3 hours before transfer meeting in Carlsbad. Unfortunately, I got notified on Saturday night that I am going to be getting moved. Luckily, Elder Silva will get to stay, but it's too bad we both couldn't stay. I still don't know where I am will end up tonight (the way transfers work here, is they call you on Saturday night and tell you if you are going or staying. All the missionaries and their companions who are leaving meet at the Carlsbad stake center for transfer meeting, and during transfer meeting President Cook reads off who is going where and who the companionships will be, and then everyone goes to their new area and gets to work). I also got a call from President Cook on Sunday night, and he told me that I was going to be the district leader in my area, and I am also going to be a trainer. I started packing last night, but quickly realized that right now, the whole of my earthly possessions consist of scriptures, clothes, and a bicycle. So, packing was pretty easy. It's been really sad saying goodbye to all of the people that I got to know so well, but Elder Kendell (one of the Assistants, my district leader before I become district leader) called me and promised me I am going to love my new area. So, it's been sad saying goodbye to everyone, but at the same time I am really excited to get to work somewhere else in the Lord's vineyard.

This week has been really interesting. We are still teaching Yesenia and José and their family, and are so great. He reads like 5 chapters out of the Book of Mormon every day, and she and her two daughters are getting baptized hopefully on the 4th of December. He hasn't accepted a date yet, but I'm sure with him reading the Book of Mormon so much, there isn't much need to worry about him. We also found this great new investigator who has two kids and has been looking for various churches and liked ours on Sunday. I wish I could come back for her baptism. Next Sunday, Elder L. Whitney Clayton of the Presidency of the Seventy is coming to the Las Posas sacrament meeting, but it turns out that I won't be there. I'm going to miss Las Posas ward. I'll be back soon anyways for Yesenia and José's baptism, and for a few sealings and endowments for the people I have taught.

Well, I hope you all have a great week. I won't have time today to be able to write letters to Sami and Katie this week because I have to pack and go to transfer meeting, but I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment