Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 6, 2010

"This time next week I will be in California! It's so strange to think that I have already been in the MTC for almost two months. I realized the other day just how much I have learned since I arrived! In our second week, we started doing Referral Center calls in Spanish and, I have to admit, I was a bit discouraged. I didn't understand barely anything of what anyone I talked to said in the first few calls. Now, nine weeks later, in the RC I made calls entirely in Spanish for an hour and a half. I talked to one woman for almost 25 minutes about the Church and the Bible and she agreed to have missionaries visit her. I talked to another man for almost 20 minutes and he agreed to the same. I can always understand my teachers almost perfectly, and I am getting better and better everyday at speaking. I can read scriptures in Spanish, and understand them! I have definitely felt the power of the gift of tongues, and I can tell, like the quote says (Neal A. Maxwell?), "Whom the Lord calls, He qualifies." I am so excited to get out to California and teach the Gospel."

No comments:

Post a Comment